Sunday, January 9, 2011

New dog on duty

I decided to go with new dog tonight. His tag feels different from what old dog's tag ended up feeling like, but porter approved. When he started his bedtime routine of "fiddling" it he just looked at it and said, "new tag," and kept right on going. Old dog is in the top of his closet until he is called up again. I hope it's not like toy story. We watched toy story 3 today, and it was kinda sad. I hope old dog doesn't feel like he's been cast off and replaced. He has to be tired though--everything he's been through. He needs a break anyway.
On another note, porter loves his new books from Christmas. Ferdinand, I love you stinky face, and peek-a-who are favorites, but he will listen to all of them. And he's finally got an attention span long enough to make it a decent ways into some of the Dr Seuss books. It amazes me how much he remembers from all of them and how he identifies the books.
Although we are going through a challenging time behavior-wise, there are still things that I very much enjoy at this age. Especially when he says, "mama, I wanna kiss."



Tara
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment