Thursday, March 28, 2013

My worlds collide

Lord what a morning!!! I need to change Stella's middle name to "bad luck" or "beware on holidays....."
Last week she picked up my glass bathroom scale and dropped it. Little shards of glass went everywhere in the bathroom. I swept, shook out the rugs and then vacuumed them to make sure all the glass was gone. This morning I took her to the bathroom with me and was going to let her get in the shower with me. I turned the water on and put her down on the rug in front of the shower. She immediately started screaming and I thought she was mad because she wanted to go ahead and get in. Porter wanted juice so I picked her up and took her to the kitchen to get him juice before we got in the shower. When I put her down on the counter in the kitchen and turned around I saw a trail of blood. After investigation I found it coming from the the bottom of her foot. I suspected a cut from that glass immediately. Fast forward an hour after I literally showered, dressed, did my hair and makeup with her on my hip because she would not get down. X ray shows a piece of glass. To the OR she goes....



What other mother has this picture of their child???
I had to go back to the OR to talk to dr day because he was having trouble getting it out. Finally got it though. Bigger incision that expected, but it's out!!
Headed to recovery.....


Snoozing in recovery....


Nannie took her to David's catfish house for lunch when she was discharged and she was feeling good. This is when I hate not being able to take the rest of the day off to be with my baby, but I know she is in good hands.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Oh Tara! Can I help you tomorrow? You should have called me this morning and I could have given you some relief!

    ReplyDelete