Saturday, January 24, 2009

Adjusting...

We are 10 weeks into this parenting thing now, and are completely re-learning how to do everything, because now we have to do it with this little thing.  We went over to the Mason's house this afternoon--something we used to do all the time--for the first time since Porter was born.   We had to wait until Porter was fed, clothed, happy, and with a clean diaper before we even thought about walking out the door, and have plenty of whatever it would take to feed him, cloth him, keep him happy, and clean his booty when we left.  We took 2 cars because Porter goes to bed at the same time as my nannie and pappie--well, maybe a little later--and I was going to end up leaving the party for Leigh's birthday right about the time everyone was just getting there, and definitely before the food was ready.  We had a good time, but Porter was tired of the party about 6:30pm, so I packed him up and headed home.  Without supper.  Now, anyone who has met me once or twice would have figured out in that short a time that I like to eat.  I really like to eat.  I enjoy it like a hobby.  Sometimes I eat because I'm hungry, but most of the time I eat because things taste good and it's fun.  Thank God for good genes.  And stretchy jeans.  Not eating like I used to might be the biggest adjustment of all.  The change in my sleep allowance is the biggest.  Eating comes in a close second.  Porter has sucked the life out of my appetite.  Too bad I don't have my pre-pregnancy body with this appetite.

No comments:

Post a Comment