Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Worn out/Birthday Weekend

This weekend we went to Andalusia to relax for my birthday (I'm now 30). The rotation I have been on has been very busy. I don't get to see Porter much--sometimes I get home just in time to give him a bath and put him to bed, and sometimes I've been too late for even that. :( The best birthday I could have would be just getting to spend time with him and relax--sleep past 4:30am and not have the nagging list of stuff to do at home. It was a great weekend--just hot. So hot the pool wasn't even refreshing. It had only been 2 weeks since I had been home, and the pool then was still pretty cool for me. Cool enough that I had to "ease in." Porter had a good time swimming again, and I don't know if it was the heat or the swimming that wore him out, but he slept in a hammock chair for about an hour. He was under the roof of the outdoor kitchen with the misters on and a fan blowing on him and it was still ridiculously hot, but he seemed pretty comfortable.


I got a new iPhone for my birthday! I had the 1st generation iPhone, and I have loved it. I'm totally helpless and bored without it. It's the best electronic invention ever. Anyway, it takes video, and we tried it out this weekend. Of course, Porter was the star.

No comments:

Post a Comment