Sunday, July 26, 2009

Alabama Open Spearfishing Tournament

I entered a spearfishing tournament for the 1st time this weekend. I haven't done any diving or spearfishing since 2007 so I was a little nervous. When I actually got out there I was very comfortable and excited about shooting some fish. That competitive side came out. My first shot was the snapper, and I stoned him--kill shot. My next shot was the sheepshead. He's not that big, but he's a category, so you always try to get a fish in each category. I took a shot at a nice amberjack, but nicked him on his head, and he was gone. If I had gotten the amberjack I would have a good chance of winning the Queen title (overall winner) because there's only a couple of women that enter. The awards ceremony is this afternoon, so we'll see what happens.








-- Post From My iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Great job! Put'em on ice, I'll be in town next weekend for the cookout!!

    ReplyDelete