Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

I had to work and be on call Friday, so we didn't get to enjoy all of the long weekend. We enjoyed as much of it as we could though--we went to Destin early Saturday morning. Porter played in the end of the slip-n-slide, Jared fished, and I tried to get a little sun (I'm still painfully hospital white). Here are some pictures...
You can actually see Jared fishing on the pier in the background. I think he had a good time--he actually caught some fish. Nothing we could keep, but fun to catch.


On the way home..... Traffic wasn't too bad since we left at 9:00am. It was a short trip, but better than just sitting at home. Hopefully next year I'll actually get a real weekend.... I'll still have 3 weeks of residency at that point, but I can at least try/hope.

1 comment:

  1. I know you are happy to have the end in sight of residency. July 4 is different with children anyway- we watched fireworks on T.V.this year!

    ReplyDelete