Sunday, October 11, 2009

My day off

Today I got off work about 6:30am and went to pick up Porter at Jared's parent's house. He spent he night with them last night. I got about 4 hours of sleep last night, so I felt relatively well-rested compared to how I normally feel when I get home from a 24 hr shift. We played this morning, and Porter and I took a nap about 9:00am. I was starting to crash about 8:30, and was looking forward to naptime.
After lunch we went to publix for our weekly formula. I will be so glad when we can switch to milk. We have about a $45 - 50 a week formula bill right now. I have just gotten into couponing, so that's why we went to publix--they have weekly buy 1 get 1 free deals and they have extra coupons up front. I had sandwich meat and bread on my list an one of the in-store coupons was for a free loaf of bread if you bought a package if sandwich meat. For not really being prepared and just starting out I did pretty good---our total was $74 and I saved $31 between my coupons and the b1g1 free stuff. That's pretty good considering $40 of my total was formula. Without that I would have gotten my groceries for about 1/2 price. I plan to continue this hobby. I found a really good blog that I will post on my links that is really helpful for someone getting into couponing.
We are on our way to la cocina right now for our weekly Mexican, and when I get home I have new pictures to post and I'll update my links with the bargain buggy website.

-- Posted from my iPhone

1 comment: