Friday, September 24, 2010

R.I.P. Lightning tree

I don't know if I ever told the lightning story on here. I don't think I did. So here goes...
On august 16, there was a bad thunderstorm. I was at marvin's getting grout sealer and Jared called me to tell me he thought lightning had struck the computer. Great--what can I do about that at marvin's??? When I got home I was relieved to find out that the computer was ok, but it seemed as though the cable wasn't working. I got busy sealing the grout in the shower when I realized I needed more, so I sent Jared back to marvin's. He didn't get very far. He came back I'm the house to inform me that the truck wouldn't start and all the lights in the dash were on. And he showed me the tree beside the truck and it's streaks where it was missing bark and how it was strewn all over the truck and the yard. Here's the tree.



(Picture won't turn. )


And where the truck was parked in relation to the tree.



So apparently the truck was struck by lightning. A little while later we realized that it was warm in the house so jared went to bump the air down, and nothing happened. Lightning had gotten the a/c. We spent the next two nights at my parents until it was fixed. The truck was in enterprise for a little over a month getting the electronics replaced and yesterday and today we had workers removing the tree. It was infested with pine beetles and already the needles were turning brown. Here's the tree grave.






Nothing left but a little sawdust.
Glad this ordeal is finally behind us. It has been a hassle.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment