Sunday, October 24, 2010

Jared says I'm gonna hear about the "allergic to Andalusia" comment

It's a joke. I have battled allergies for a really long time. Testing, medicines, shots, and misery. It continued when I was in college and medical school, but didn't seem to be as bad. When we moved to Daphne, I was mysteriously better. Like never ever having to even take any medications type of better. I just thought I had finally outgrown them like I was told I might when I was younger. Occassionally when we would visit Andalusia could tell that I was having some symptoms, but since we were never here very long I didn't think much of it. Now that we have moved, they're baaaaaaaccccck. Full blown. It took a little time for it to get bad, but about a month ago I decided I had to do something, so we've been making the trip to Dothan every Monday for doctor visits and allergy testing. Basically I was told I haven't grown out of it, and I am as allergic as I was as a child. To be exact, I had significant allergy to 23 of the 26 things they tested for the first time, which prompted more testing the next week. It all boils down to 3 shots a week to get it all. They have to mix it in 3 vials. Do that for one year, then every other week for four more years. Hopefully that will confer some real immunity and I can get off the medications. For now it's singular and zyrtec washed down with liquid benadryl every night. So the real question is why was I so much better in Daphne??? There are all the same things there that I am allergic to (mostly trees, grasses, weeds, and molds), but supposedly there are just more of them. Maybe being that close to the cost and having the salty air neutralizes it?? Just a theory. Anyway, it just sounds better to say I'm allergic to Andalusia.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment