Sunday, October 10, 2010

October thus far

I feel like I haven't posted in forever compared to my normal daily blurb. Here's what we've been up to....

Working! I am definitely getting busier. This past Tuesday afternoon I had 7 new patients. The week before I probably had one or two, so there has been a noticable difference in just the last week.

I bought a new car!!! I got a new Lexus GX 460. I really wasn't planning on getting a new ride this early, but I haven been traveling a little more than I expected to be at this point. I'm averaging two trips to Luverne per week, and going to Opp 2-3 times per week, and while they aren't very far away, there is nothing between here and there, and it is a very long way if you are broken down on the side of the ride. We weren't in that bad of shape right now, but the 4runner I was driving is going to get worrisome soon with 168k miles on it. And, wow what a difference. I thought all the roads in South Alabama needed to be repaved, but they have magically all smoothed out in the last week. I wasn't planning on getting a Lexus either. I really had my heart set on a new 4runner, but the economics of a new 4runner vs the Lexus turned out to go in favor of the Lexus. Let me tell you, toyota is proud of their 4runners these days....

Jared and I had a short grown ups weekend in Birmingham. We left yesterday around lunch and headed to the 'ham. We did a little shopping, mostly for the necessities that are not available in Andalusia, but in the end everyone came out with a new pair of shoes, Jared got a couple of shorts, and we finally got Porter a halloween costume. The trip was specifically to visit Green Valley Baptist Church to hear Rick Burgess of Rick and Bubba preach. We have not had the opportunity to do things like that for the last 5 years, so we took advantage of the chance to do it now. God is doing some great things in our family right now, and I would ask that you keep us in your prayers. While we were in town we also took advantage of the food we miss so much (we do love to eat!). We had Surin West for supper last night, got a box of chocolates at the Godiva store in the Galleria, and had Full Moon Barbeque for lunch this afternoon. Jared wasn't able to enjoy it as much as he would have liked though, because we have been passing around a little GI bug. I had it Friday, my mom had it Saturday, and Jared had it today. Nana and Papa were supposed to keep Porter and the other 3 grands (crazy!!!), but Mama got them out of a tight spot with the virus. ;) Porter got to stay with my nannie instead, and I hear he had a blast. We certainly appreciate the babysitting that gives us the opportunity to have a fun weekend away!!

And speaking of halloween.... We have been searching for the perfect halloween costume for Porter... to wear at Disneyworld!! We have been planning a trip to Disneyworld for halloween weekend for about a month now, and have been looking for just the right thing. Something he would recognize and enjoy wearing, but also something easy to get around Disney in. We had decided on "Spiyaman" and looked this weekend in Birmingham and finally found the right size at Target. He tried it on this evening when we got home and even put the little hat piece on that partially covers his face. He wore it for a few minutes, but then got a little freaked out by it for some reason and wanted it all off. We have tickets to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party for halloween evening, and I think Jared and I are the most excited (of course we are--Porter doesn't even have a clue about it). Porter will get to trick-or-treat on Main Street in Disneyworld on halloween night. And of course there will be a parade and fireworks. We have been wanting to go back as a family of 3 since we went last summer, but wanted to wait until Porter was a little older. Well, he is a little older even if he's not as old as we thought we wanted him to be before we went back. With just the 3 of us, we can really do just what he can handle, and there is still so much he will enjoy I'm not sure we can take it all in during our short stay. Buzz Lightyear, Mickey's Philharmagic 3D movie, Winnie the Pooh, Mickey's Toontown Fair, The Laugh Room, Dumbo, The Astro Orbiter, the carousel.... Those are just a few of the ones we have on our list in the Magic Kingdom. We are planning on visiting the Animal Kingdom too, and have left a little time free to see what else will interest Porter (or us).

Well, that's long enough for now. I will hopefully have some pics to post soon... maybe a costume shot, and of course the new car.

No comments:

Post a Comment