Monday, November 8, 2010

Disney Day 2: Magic Kingdom

The weather was a bit overcast to start the morning, but it was welcomed. No sweating in the Magic Kingdom!!!





Aladin's Magic Carpets. Great toddler ride.





We debated taking Porter on The Pirates of the Caribbean, but decided to do it as a warm up and test for The Haunted Mansion. He loves pirates, and anything that might be remotely related to pirates (i.e. skull and cross bones = pirate). He did pretty good. He seemed a little unsure, but in true testosterone fashion, didn't let on that it might have bothered him.
So, after POC, we did The Haunted Mansion. It might have been the sweetest time with my little man for me, but would not top his list of rides at MK. As soon as we got on the moving part of the ride and it got dark, he just went limp in my lap. He was very still (back to the statue/frozen concept... If I'm really really still, it can't get me???). Then as we got deeper into the ride, he turned his head to the side so the side of his face was against my chest. Continued limp and frozen. I put my hand on the other side of his face and my other hand around his waist. Then he worked his little hands up under mine. So sweet!!! And soooo funny. The ride stopped at one point, and Jared and I were just carrying on a conversation. Porter was still frozen. He stayed like that for the entire ride, but as soon as we got back to where he could see light, he perked up, clapped and said Yea!!!, and then said "On get out."
Here are the pics going into Pirates...


It's a small world. Porter loved it. Great classic Disney ride. We didn't ride it last year, but everyone should do it every time they are at MK.






"Ride horses!" We heard that a lot. Every time we passed the carousel. We rode it more than once.




PIcture with Peter Pan. This was the I'm frozen as long as I am on the ground, but when you pick me up I'll give Peter Pan a very enthusiastic bye bye.


We had lunch at Tony's Town Square, which is "modeled" after the restaurant in Lady and the Tramp. Late lunch with tired toddler = I didn't eat much and Jared ended up rocking Porter to sleep in the restaurant. Then I ate.

After lunch we strolled Porter for a little while and walked through a couple of the shops before heading back to the room for official naptime. It was a very successful morning at MK!!! Porter took a great nap and then we got up and ready for the Hoop Dee Doo Revue!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment