Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Wow! It's been a while...

I think this is as long as I've ever gone between posting. Some people may think that's not a bad thing.
Anyway, here's what's been going on....
It's Christmas at our house!!!
As we have been driving around town lately, when we pass a house or business with lights and decorations, porter says, "it's Christmas at their house!!"
I asked him a couple of weeks ago if it was Christmas as our house, and he said no, and that for it to be Christmas at our house we had to have lights on our house. So we hung some lights around the windows. Then I asked him if it was Christmas at our house and he said no, because we didn't have lights inside the house. I told him we have lights inside on our Christmas tree, and he proceeded to go through the house and point to all of the walls saying he wanted lights here, and here, and here.




We started simple. Maybe we'll add to it next year.

We were in the car one morning and porter was watching a movie on his DVD player, but the sun was coming in his window and he couldn't see the screen very well. He said, "mama, I'm gonna ask God to turn the sunshine off so I can see my movie." I just said ok, but explained to him while God could turn the sun on and off of he wanted to, that normally the sun was "on" during the day, and "off" at night, and that's the way God liked it.
A few minutes later, I'm guessing after he had requested that the sun be turned off so he could see his movie, he said, "God didn't turn the sun off."

Porter had his 3 year old well visit last week. When I picked him up to tell him where we were going he had some questions because the last few times we have been he has been sick and they pricked his finger to draw blood. This time he said, "what's that girl gone do?" as he was touching his index fingers together over and over in a pricking motion. He is a whooping 29lb and 36 3/4" tall. He is still <10th percentile for weight, but slowly catching up in height, and is between the 25th and 50th percentile. Pretty good since he started out below the 5th percentile for both. He was able to get the nasal spray flu shot (yea!!) and had a nice chat with Dr E. Dr E asked him what he was doing with my iPhone when he came in, and porter said, "um, reading a book." He told him that Santa was going to bring him "somefing" and that when Stella came he was going to put a hat on her head. Then he started his exam and was looking him over from head to toe. When Dr E pulled his underwear down porter alerted him as to what he would find there by saying, "that's my weenie." I'm sure Dr E has heard worse.....

The sand box. We have finally put sand in the bottom of his playhouse to make a sand box. Even if we had done it earlier it wouldn't have made much of a difference because the Mosquitos are so bad in our yard that you can't go outside. Two weeks ago when we were out there playing I was still getting bit.










38 weeks and counting!!!! Today I had my OB appointment and I and 2-3 cm, 75% effaced, and could go any day. I have been scheduled for induction Sunday if nothing happens before then. Yea!!! It's almost over.

Christmas sewing projects:





Baby leg warmers made out of women's knee socks. I am in love with baby leg warmers and I had someone tell me you could make them out of socks. Nannie and I gave it a try and here is our first two pair. We'll see how they fit when Stella shows up and adjust our strategy accordingly.


We also did shirts for porter and jack, but I don't have a dedicated picture of either one of those. Porter has been wearing it in previous posts though. They are both the same appliqué as Stella's but with red gingham and with fuzzy material.

Ok, this post contains entirely too much information. I will not go this long again, and if I do, I'll break up the posts.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment