Friday, February 27, 2009

Day 5

Today I am working a 24 hour shift at USA Medical Center, so Aunt Nicole is babysitting, and Nannie and PawPaw Harden have tucked in the dogs for the night. Nannie dropped him off at daycare this morning and headed back home for the weekend. This week went by fast for us. Nicole picked him up from daycare and played with him this evening until the nightly routine of cereal, bath, bottle, and bed.

I miss him so much when I work 24 hr shifts. On a regular day I may only get to spend an hour with him--I leave in the morning before he gets up, and I get home between 6:30 and 7:00 pm. That's just in time to play for a few minutes, give him a bath, give him his bedtime bottle, and put him to bed. At least he won't ever remember me being gone so much. When I'm done with residency I don't plan on working this hard. I sure am thankful that we have so many people who can help us. Though I'm not sure that they want to "help" as much as they just want to see Porter. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment