Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Special Request

I have been taking care of a young lady in the hospital for the last couple weeks that has been very sick. She was pregnant and had been losing a lot of weight and was not able to keep anything down. She had been seeing her doctor, but nothing had been done to address her problems. She ended up in the hospital when she was about 30 weeks pregnant and had an appendectomy. After her appendectomy she still wasn't getting much better, so she had to have 2 more surgeries to finally fix her problems. During one of the surgeries she also had a C-Section. Her little girl, named McKenize, was transferred over to the NICU at Children and Women's Hospital and is doing well, but has not gotten to see her Mama yet because she was still in the hospital. We were able to let her go home today. She has come a long way, but still has some healing to do, and will have to have another surgery in a few months. She has lost a lot of weight and really wants to gain it back, and is dealing with a lot of overwhelming issues related to her medical condition and being separated from her new baby. She said if it hadn't been for her pregnancy she might not have gone to the doctor. She and her baby are both miracles.... Isn't it interesting that God uses little babies to get His mission accomplished? I asked her if I could post her story on my blog and request prayer for her and her little girl. Please remember my patient and friend in your prayers--that God would restore her health, take care of McKenzie, and ease her mind.

1 comment:

  1. thanks so much!! Yall were GREAT to me and appreciate all that yall did for me! Im feeling so much better! I couldnt find ur hubby on face book! I got all my pics up of the kids on myspace and face book. Please tell Dr Patterson we said hello and all is well and thank u so much and i wish u the best of luck with ur job!!

    ReplyDelete