Thursday, April 15, 2010

Mid-shift post

6 more hours until I have completed 10 weeks of night shift. I will have to do Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday, nights of next week, but then I hopefully will NEVER have to work night shift again, and will be 1 rotation from finishing residency. What a long hard 5 years.
Tomorrow should be a good day, and I am hoping for a beach trip on Saturday and just some general relaxation for the weekend. I get to see Porter for more than a couple of hours a day, which is the real highlight of any time off I have.
Blue has done well in the house so far, and Porter really seems to enjoy him. Right now he seems like a new toy, so we'll see how it goes. The Weimaraner rescue is picking Chloe up tomorrow and will be transported to a vet in Birmingham before continuing on to the trainer in Tennessee, where she will stay until she is ready to be placed in another more appropriate home. We are sad that it had come to this, but it really is best. Sometimes the right thing, and the selfless thing, is not the easy choice.



-- Post From My iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment