Saturday, December 18, 2010

Fun times with a little mind

I was laying in bed with porter this morning (I brought him to our bed for a little snuggle time when he first woke up), and it was all quiet because he had fallen back asleep, when all of a sudden he sat straight up in bed and said, "mama! I saw cats!" in a very enthusiastic voice. I guess he was dreaming about cats??? Anyway, it made me think about all the funny things he's already starting to say, and I thought I better write it down--type, these days.
The most memorable and funny story from the last few months is the "oh no! Dey pick cot!" one. So, my mom wanted to get all the Ingram grandkids together for a picture in the cotton, but wanted to wait until it was ready to pick. That's dangerous because you never know when it is going to get picked. There was a great cotton crop across the street from my parents house (don't forget we are in south Alabama--this arrangement is fairly normal) and we were trying to plan the right afternoon. We had a date set one week for a thursday. My mom had to pick up porter for me on Tuesday afternoon, and as she drove up to the house she saw our cotton date had been messed up and exclaimed, "oh no! They picked our cotton!" A couple of days later I was driving to my moms house with porter am as we got to about where my mom must have seen the picked cotton, porter exclaims in I'm sure what must have been the same tone and emphasis as my mom, "oh no! Dey pick cot!" He did this every time we would pull up, for weeks.
Earlier this week we were at my mom's eating supper and porter was running around playing and he ran in the kitchen, stopped and said "mama, guess what?" we never heard what the "what" was, but it was funny. Guess he learned that at school? Not here.
His favorite book right now is a Thomas the train book. At one part in the book, a cow stands on the tracks in front of Thomas and the line in the book says, "oh no! A cow's in the way!" Regularly, he brings me that book, turned to that pages and says, "mama, oh no, a cow's in da way!" (we sat oh no! a lot around here.)
Along the same lines, the backyardigans is his favorite tv show and we have several of their DVDs. Porter likes to identify which one he wants to watch by either repeating a line or singing a little bit of the song from that episode. "say ya!" "he he he," and "arrrggghh" all identify different episodes. And he says it exactly the way they do in the show.
"Duke Nasty" is now my parent's neighbor's dog. His name is Duke and one day I told him Duke was nasty....
This one is so old my mom may have forgotten. She has some handweights in her bathroom (she works out in the bathroom???) and porter was trying to pick one of them up and informed her "it's stuck."
The first time porter actually ate some of his ice cream sundae from dairy queen he said, "chocowate. I wike it."
And last but not least. One night during porter's bath, he "made" me something, so we had a quick exit from the tub. I let the water out and his creation was still in the tub and he looks over in the tub at it, points, and says, "it's a wock!"





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment