Sunday, September 9, 2012

No updates...

I (Jared) have been studying all day... Tara has been fighting the real battle, no A/C and 2 small kids. I'm very lucky to have her as my wife. I've caused a little grief at times, but my great looks and intelligence make up for it... right, babe?

I can say one thing about anesthesia school, and I'll quote a dear friend who also made the choice to do this for a living. "This ain't no joke!" I concur with that statement. You can have a ton of clinical experience, but it doesn't matter. You are now learning things that keep people alive... full agonist, partial agonist, noncompeting antagonist... and the genetics that dictate whether or not a drug will give the desired effect, or if the cimetidine you bought over the counter is going to interfere with the anesthesia plan I wanted to follow.... We study @ 10-12 hours a day, everyday.

Tara and Porter came to see me on Labor Day weekend. I had a great time, I think they did too. We went to the Fort Worth Zoo, and a lot of places to eat. Porter and I played a lot... I was usually the tiger and he was the hunter. Needless to say, I was pretend killed a lot. I can't wait to be home, even if its for long weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment