Saturday, November 21, 2009

My accomodations

I am on call for 24 hours today at the med center. Porter is with his nannie and paw paw. Here is my lovely call room.






Yes, it is a room in the hospital with 2 beds and a desk. And yes, it is pretty gross. Hopefully I have less than 10 24 hour shifts here ever!!! We (myself and the other chief residents, but mostly myself) have recently proposed a new call schedule that would give me every other weekend off and make the night rotation on 5 nights a week instead of 6. This would be a major improvement to my quality of life because I currently work every weekend, and would have to do this for 7 months of this year. That seems a little unreasonable to us, and to our new chairman, but not to our program director. I showed him the schedule last night and he said no, however, our chairman wants to all meet together about it today. Please say a little prayer that these changes go through. We all need some relief from our already draining schedule. Working 80 hours a week is bad enough, and they could make it more humane.
While we're on the topic of prayer requets, thanks for the job prayers. Jared's interview this week went well, and he will know if he gets to go to the next step early next week. He has another interview Tuesday morning at 8:00 am. He feels good about both opportunities.
Ok, I've got to go do a little work. We got 3 burns this morning.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Jared's job and your work schedule will certainly be in our prayers. I'm not sure why they don't realize that you can't really be your best at anything without enough sleep and just a break from it!

    ReplyDelete