Sunday, November 29, 2009

Vacation/thanksgiving week

Jared is driving, so I am free to blog. So, here's how it all went down....
Sunday: I got off my 24 hour call and went to Jared's parent's house to pick up Porter. He didn't have a good night there, and was still asleep. After we got home, I got us packed. Porter took his morning nap while I showered and loaded up the truck. We ate mini corn dogs for lunch and hit the road. We stopped by barnes and noble on the way out of town for a couple of new board books for Porter. He loves books, but doesn't have many baby friendly books at home. We got Polar bear, polar bear, what do you hear? and five little monkeys jumping on the bed. He slept most of the way to my parents house. Sunday evening we had dairy queen for supper (big deal for me--we don't have a dairy queen on mobile or Daphne), and wrestled porter for a while. We did not have a good night. He did not go to bed easy and woke up many times during the night.
Monday: We got up, go dressed and gave Porter breakfast. We went by sugar rush for coffee and a muffin and took porter to my nannie's for the day while mama and I went to Montgomery to get mama's car serviced. We shopped a little while the car was getting worked on, and at lunch at Lek's Railroad Thai restaurant (really good). We picked up porter from nannie's when we got back in town, and headed home. We had lasagna for supper, and porter liked it! He did better at bedtime.
Tuesday: Mama and I had hair appointments! This was a great day for me because I really really needed highlights and a haircut. Porter had his one year portraits and all the grandhildren had their picture made with nana and papa for Christmas cards. Mama made Santa fe soup for supper, which is a favortie cold weather meal.
Wednesday: Porter and I packed up and headed back to Daphne. We went over to Jared's parent's house to visit with aunt moth ball (Jared's sister) and uncle mark, who were in town from St Pete. Aunt Kim and Uncle Robbie were there too. Wednesday afternoon we worked on our Christmas tree, but it is currently half done because we need more lights.
Thursday: Jared smoked the wild hog he had shot at the hunting camp, porter and I watched the thanksgiving day parade, and we packed again. I made a hashbrowm casserole to take to Jared's parent's house for lunch and we were off again--all in one car this time. We had lunch at the Harden house and looked at all the sale papers to plan our attack for black Friday. After porter's nap, we headed to Andalusia for thanksgiving #2. We had a great supper there, and went to bed early.
Friday: Jared got up at really really early to fight the crowds at wal-Mary. Yes, he really did. He got a tv, shop vac, kitchen aid mixer, and a couple of surprises for people that I can't tell. After breakfast we packed again, and headed to Destin for the weekend. We met the Mason's there. We watched the Iron Bowl, which was not very enjoyable for me. The guys got us steaks to grill to go with our leftovers from thanksgiving. Yummy! We bathed all the boys and put them to bed.
Saturday: The guys got up early to go hunting. Sissy and I got up early because the boys did. They were all whiny and had a cough and runny nose, so we cancelled our beach trip to play in the sand. We strolled around Destin commons for a little while, and made a quick stop by gymboree. We watched the Florida vs Florida state game that afternoon (Sissy and Daran are florida alumni). We went to Cantina Laredo in the new Grand boulevard shopping center for an early dinner. It is an upscale Mexican place that I found using he urbanspoon app on my phone. It was great! The boys did surprisingly well for all not feeling great and Porter ate the whole time we were there--seriously.
Sunday: the guys went hunting again. Porter slept in!!! (6:20) Sissy and I cleaned up the house and packed all our stuff. We left about 1:00, and now you are caught up with the present.
It's been a very busy week, and as always, I need a vacation from my vacation!!!













P.S. It's not a good idea to take those keys away from Porter.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment