Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Antibiotics and diarrhea

Well, where do I start.... We took Porter to the ENT dr for his followup appointment on Monday. He had been having a really snotty nose and cough, and had gone back to not sleeping well. We were worried that his tubes had come out or were stopped up. His tubes looked good (yea!), but Dr Norris was worried that he still had some ongoing infection in his adenoids. He gave him augmentin, nystatin, and ear drops. Augmentin is really bad on the GI tract, and Porter does not handle antibiotics well, so we were worried about how this would go. He started having diarrhea last night, and his poor little booty was so raw and painful that we skipped his dose last night. We decided he should probably stay home from daycare today so I could keep an eye on his bottom better and keep it "pasted" (caked with boudreaux's butt paste). Between me working nights and having a diarrhea day ahead, we had all the makings for a miserable day, but it was just the opposite. We had a great day!!! Porter and I went to our favorite park at 9:00am, stayed for over an hour, and were filthy when we left. We ran by Target to get a few things, and Porter fell asleep on the way home. I transferred him to our bed and took a nap with him. He slept for 3 hours!!! He ate cheetos and a hotdog for a late lunch and then I set him up in our bedroom and bathroom to play while I worked out. He danced to his video and played all over me while I worked out. We tried to take a quick walk after my workout, but it started raining on us and we had to run home. Porter didn't mind. He was just squinting and smiling in his stroller. Then we both got a shower in our bathroom. Porter loves taking a shower--I just hold him with his back to the water and he lays his head on my shoulder and let's the water run over him. He actually fell asleep in the shower one time. After we got out, Jared got home soon, and we picked up a pizza for supper before I left for work. I know I'll be tired later, but it was worth getting to spend a day with my little buddy. A potential bad day couldn't have been any better! Here are some pictures from the day.

On the way to the park!





This is the view I had most of the day.





He loved playing in the water.
























He said "yea!" every time he got on the merry go round.

















He goes by the dinosaur and points at its eyes, and says, "eyes," but if you ask him where his eyes are he points to his ears.





Hotdog and cheetos for lunch. Mmmm, nutritious. (We'll fight that battle later---we just want food in his stomach to help with the antibiotic associated diarrhea.)





Cheetos fingers.





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. Looks and sound like you had a great "diaharrea day." Glad you got some great QT in with Porter;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Landon's diarrhea is so bad on augmentin that i don't let them give it to him anymore. He will have like 20 diapers in 2 hours. It is horrible. Glad to hear he is feeling better though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Boy Is Beautiful & You Are Also So Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete