Thursday, May 26, 2011

Dare I say it???

I've been on the verge of putting in writing in the form of a blog post that porter is officially potty trained, but I have refrained because he will still have the occasional accident. Last Sunday he had a terrible day and peed in his car seat on the way home from church, and then two other times that afternoon at home. I didn't really know what to think about that because he has been averaging 3 accidents a week at the most, and probably less than that. I am proud to say that we have not cleaned up any poopy underwear for a long time. It seems that once he was able to do it once it just clicked and he tries to poop every time he sits on the potty.
This morning while I was getting ready for work he was playing at the other end of the house. All of a sudden he yells, "mama!" I said, "what?!" And he yells back, "I made a poooo-oooop!" I got a little worried and ran to see where he had made a poop and found him in his dark bathroom near his potty with his pants and underwear at his ankles. He instructed me to turn the light on and then pointed to his creation. In the potty!!! I inspected his underwear and they were clean. He had gone to his bathroom, pulled down his pants an underwear and had peed and pooped all by himself!!!! He then informed me that he needs to get white ice cream for pooping in the potty. I told him we would go to dairy queen as soon as I picked him up from school.
So, I feel better about saying that he's potty trained, but won't be naive enough to think that we will be accident free. Hooray!!


Tara
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment