Tuesday, May 31, 2011

What's for supper??

The bigger question these days is what ISN'T for supper. That list is long. And I'm certainly not "craving" anything. Tolerate. Right now it seems that tomatoes seem tolerable. And Jalepenos or anything spicy. So what's for supper?
Homeade salsa




And homeade marina and noodles. No meat!!! (and that's allowed since Jared is out of town tonight.)







Both excellent recipes from my mom that I must share.

Salsa
1 large can crushes tomatoes
1 bundle green onions, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
3 cans chopped green chili pepper
1 small can diced Jalepenos
Salt and pepper

Best marinara sauce yet (from allrecipes.com)
2 14.5oz cans stewed tomatoes
1 6oz can tomato paste
4 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
6 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup finely diced onion
1/2 cup white wine

In a food processor place the stewed tomatoes, tomato paste, chopped parsley, minced garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth.
In a large pot, sauté onion in olive oil for 2 minutes. Add the blended tomato sauce and white wine.
Simmer for 30 minutes.

I did add about 1 tbsp of sugar to the marinara, because sugar is yummy. :)

Both the salsa and marinara have been good to me tonight. If I eat slowly.
I will be happy to get past this nasty first trimester, but do not look forward to not being able to lay on my stomach, as in, on a float in the pool. I guess I will have to try two floats with a gap in the middle.

Tara
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment