Sunday, August 21, 2011

Crazy OR schedule, ISR week 2, call weekend

Week 2 of ISR was similar to week 1. Crying and anxiety about "grabbing the bar." By the end of the week, he was doing it, but crying every step of the way. It's totally a mental thing for him, and I hope he gets past it, because I know he can do everything he is asked to do. His teacher, Ms Sarah, did say that he has the best float. We have a long way to go on the other skills. And overcoming the anxiety. Still can't take pictures, and they wouldn't be very pretty pictures at this point anyway.
Once again, I have had a rough week at work. This time, it's the scheduling that has made my days chaotic at best. Basically I have been not getting to the OR according to my schedule, so it throws off my whole day. Makes me late for everything. Very frustrating. Hope next week is better.
This is my call weekend, and thus far, it has been quiet. All my co-healthcare workers know I have just made myself a big fat bulls eye by saying that. :)
Friday was a little crazy because Jared was diving, mama and bill were at the beach, and I was on call. Porter and I had planned to go to the movies Friday night, but a call from mizell in Opp changed our plans slightly and porter got to go to the movie with Nicole and the girls. He was way more excited about that than going with me. I joined them a little late when I got finished in the OR. Jared made it home late Friday after diving and grilling with his family for his dad's 70th birthday. Here are some pics of their catch. Scott got a monster lobster....












Yesterday porter decided he needed a good hat for a ranger ride. Here is what he chose.






Tara
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment