Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Randomness

1. Porter is actually sleeping ALL night every night. It is very rare lately that he gets up at night and the few times he has it was because he needed to tee tee. And that leads to....
2. I am not sleeping at night. I was up for about 4 hours Sunday night between being on call, porter needing to tee tee and the general insomnia that I have had lately. My usual is being awake for about 2 hours a night. I don't really know why. Maybe because of the amount of stress with work lately??? I hope it is not because the child I am incubating is going to be up for hours on end at night. And that leads to...
3. I have an inordinate amount of stress associated with my job these days. You would naturally think, because of what I do for a living, that is had something to do with tough cases or other issues with patient care, but it's not. I would have never thought that my biggest struggle with building a practice and making ends meet would be completely unrelated to my ability as a physician to perform surgery and take care of patients.
4. The diaper bag we (mama) made is the beginning of the nursery. The flow fabric is the basis, and we have chosen several coordinating fabrics for the bumper pad, sheets, organizer, bed skirt, and diaper stacker. I can't wait to see how it all comes together. Jared thinks I'm going to have the whole house green before it's over with and my mom is depressed by the lack of pink.
5. We are possibly going to the beach again this weekend, and since it's tax free weekend in Florida, I thought it might be a good time to think about some fall/winter clothes for porter. I kept out a couple of pairs of jeans for porter from last winter that I thought we would try on to see if I could gauge what size he might wear. The 18-24 month size gap jeans fit perfectly. Guess he's cheap to keep in clothes right now!! Kinda sad that my almost 3 year old is the same size as some 18 month olds......
6. I had an appointment with the OB yesterday. An ultrasound was done to check anatomy, and it is still a girl. Stella Grace. I was also scolded for my weight gain. Meh. Whatever. So I'm gonna make it worth it. We had homemade buffalo wings with honey mustard and ranch tonight and red velvet Ben and Jerry's ice cream for dessert. Take that scale!! I was in the best shape ever right before this pregnancy and was under my pre-pregnancy weight when I stopes nursing last time, so I'm not giving it a second thought. Though it still bothers me that it was brought up. Again, whatever.
7. Continuing on the subject of food... Our friends Emily and Jon came over from monroeville Sunday night for what could accurately be described as a meat buffet. We had three different types of chicken wings, two kinds of pork tenderloin, and a slab of ribs. Great food and great company. I must give a review for the new buffalo Tabasco. Excellent. We used it according the the box's directions for a buffalo wing sauce, and it was so good we had wings again tonight.

I think that's enough for now...,



Tara
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment