Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The big rock rock and cracker

Last weekend when we were in mobile we stopped by the la-z-boy store to look for a chair for stella's nursery. The one best purchase we made for Porter was the small la-z-boy recliner that I used for nursing and still use today for reading books at bedtime. It is super comfortable and just the right size for me. Leather was also a good choice and there were many times I would see dried "something" dripped down the chair and I could easily wipe it up. I intended on getting something similar for stella's room and was very excited to find the perfect chair, and even more excited about the price. It's small, comfy, and will match the nursery perfectly. The only difference is that this chair is corduroy and not leather. I don't even think it is a negative feature or a downside because I like the chair so much. Here it is in the store....






(It's now in what will become stella's nursery, but right now it looks like a guest bedroom with random crap laying around and a chair in the middle of the room.)
Jared has been complaining about our other la-z-boy that is in our living room since shortly after we purchased it. He is too tall for it and it won't stay reclined back just a little--it falls all the way back if he leans back any. So he claims. I, on the other hand, have no problem with the chair. I didn't ever think I wanted a recliner in my own house, but I have been quite happy to rock porter in it, and nap in it on occasion. So, while we were at the la-z-boy store, Jared picked out a chair for himself. We are now the old couple with dueling recliners. His and hers. Just put us a couple of prescription pill bottles, magnifying glass, and a set of dentures on our little table between the chairs and we are set. It looks exactly as you are picturing. Ha ha. Ha ha.
Here are porter and jared breaking in the "big rock rock" tonight before bed.






Well, poor little cracker went to a new home tonight. We are not those people that get dogs and give them away. We are dog people, so it was hard for us, but was really the best thing for everyone involved. We got cracker last Christmas, before Jared decided he wanted to pursue crna school, and before we had intentions of a second child. We were really at a difference place in life when we decided to get another dog. But life changes, and we had to make the decision to give cracker a better home. He is going to live with a young lady that can give him all the attention we would not be able to give him. We don't like giving our dogs away, and have done it twice since we moved here. I think we will make really sure we are ready for another dog when that time comes. It will be a long time. Blue is once again an only dog, and I think he will be a little relieved, as cracker was a little more high energy than blue prefers to be.


Tara
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment