Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Work, the beach, and ISR

Last week was really stressful at work. This week has been better. I'm sure the pregnancy hormones make things worse too. (lots of crying) Thankfully I am sleeping much better. We moved in our new office 2 weeks ago, so I finally have my own office. Mama, Bill, Jared and I spent Sunday afternoon sprucing up my space. We hung pictures and my academic achievements, moved in some furniture and it looks much better. If I had though about it I would have taken pictures. Luckily, it's not going anywhere, so I'll get some soon to post. My very generous parents have gotten me chairs and ordered a bookcase and credenza that will be in soon. I'm a blessed girl.
Last weekend we escaped the stress and relaxed at the beach. We fished saturday morning and swam in the bay Saturday afternoon. We napped well and ate well. We did take advantage of a few sales and started building porter's fall wardrobe. It was a good weekend. Here are a few of my hipstamatic pictures from the weekend. I am liking this app a whole lot, but just realized if I change my picture quality they will post more clearly, so these are a little blurry.























































Porter started the ISR program this week. It's 10 minutes a day at the wellness center in Opp. Today was the 2nd day. He is doing well I guess. There were a few tears yesterday and more tears today. Mostly involving letting him go under the water near the bar at the side of the pool. The objective is to teach him to grab the bar, but he doesn't like the process. It is a process and I am glad he is getting the opportunity to do the course. He has no fear when it comes to the water, and he needs to be able to get himself to the side of the pool safely. He was offered stamps for his hands yesterday, but was a little traumatized at the end of the lesson. Today he was way more traumatized but accepted his stamps.






We will be able to film and take pictures at the end of the third week, so I will be posting pics in the water then!!

Tara
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment