Thursday, May 20, 2010

Sick baby update

I guess he was sick??? I was prepared for a bad day and had even stopped by rite aid to stock up on pedialyte on our way home this morning. He fell asleep on the way home and slept for a little over an hour. Then he was up acting like his normal self. He drank some pedialyte and had a couple small diarrhea diapers, but for the most part acted fine.
So we loaded up and went back to the hospital so I could get some work done. I have my grand rounds presentation tomorrow. He played ok at the hospital for a little while (as good as you can in a call room) but got tired and cranky after about an hour. He fell asleep on the way home again and slept for almost 2 hours this time. When he got up he ate 2 animal crackers and had more pedialyte. No vomiting. The only thing that has been bad are the really really stinky horrible poots. :)
Then this evening he even ate some ham out of a ham and rice dish I made and had a little breadstick. That is not normal. He doesn't usually eat. I'm very confused. I guess he's better??? Either way, I'm grateful for a better day than expected and hopefully he will be back to school tomorrow.
BTW, he has moved up to the pre-potty class at school where they work on potty training and drinking out of a real cup. And they play outside A LOT. He was so exhausted when we picked him up one day this week he cried most of the way home. He smelled like sunscreen, was sweaty, and had sand from head to toe.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment: