Thursday, May 6, 2010

Wild beast, Hunger strike, build a bear, eastern shore fountains, and mother's day suprise

Porter is going through a phase. Hopefully. He seems way more active than usual (I didn't think it was possible), and has decided that eating is just not his thing. He has even quit drinking milk! He loves milk. Maybe it's just that he has really figured out what no can do for him (or not do for him depending on the situation amd who it is coming from) or just one of those stages. We are going to look for a liquid vitamin, since it's very hit or miss whether he will chew anything.
To combat the problem porter has with trying to tear my house apart, we've been taking more trips to the fountains at the eastern shore center (esc). He is really getting into it more and has been brave enough to run through the water. Earlier this week we took an impromptu trip and I didn't take swim diapers, so after a little while, he was dragging a very soggy diaper. I thought about it for a minute, and there weren't very many people, so I just took his diaper off and let him run around "neked." I changed my mind about that quickly when he went over to one of the spouts that barely had any water coming out of it, bent over, and put his mouth on it. Butt straight up in the air, and little boy junk hanging down. We just went through several diapers after that. :)
Same trip--we went to build a bear. This is not his first bear, but the first time he was able to participate. I picked several very fuzzy animals, which is important, and let him choose. I think he liked the dog, so that's what we got. He really liked watching the stuffing blow around in the machine, and briefly helped fill his bear. He was able to give the little heart a kiss before he put it in the bear. He was good at that part because he likes to put things in the garbage and I like to let him practice that skill. ..."put it in and close the lid." He understands that one. His puppy dog had become one of the fuzzies in his bed that he rubs his face with at night.



Lastly, I am about to bust (yes bust--not burst) to tell what I have done for the mothers, grandmothers, and great grands in my life. Sunday can't come fast enough. I'll be able to post more then. Until then, I'll just tell everybody I see that has no connection to the ones it's for.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment