Monday, July 5, 2010

iPhone drama

First of all--ahhhh. This might be the first time I've sat down in a week. Oh!!! Except for our spa trip on Saturday!!! That's going to be included in the 4th of July post. So, back to the iPhone. It started the day you could preorder. I tried multiple times that day and never could get through. I decided I wouldn't order because I could go to the AT&T store the day they came out and buy one faster than if I ordered one. So that's what I did. I drove to Biloxi early the day they came out in the store and waited in line in the rain. And they had sold out. But, they would have more later that day, and I was able to reserve one of those. I went back to the store after work an picked it up. I came home and started the process of transferring my info from my old phone to the new one. This is why I love apple products. It is usually completely user friendly and basically idiot proof. Well, I plugged in the new phone and it said I had to have a newer version of software for the computer. I didn't think that was possible, but Jared looked it up and confirmed that it was true. We would have to get upgraded software, and that would take 48 hours to get. We ordered it, and had it shipped overnight. So the next day when it came, I downloaded the new software and thought I was yet again, very close to iPhone 4. However, once I plugged in my phone, iTunes didn't recognize that the phone was plugged in. And I was getting a little frustrated. Long story short, after 4 phone calls to apple support, I was at the same spot, except now I had no working phone (the AT&T store had activated my new phone, so I could make phone calls, but had none of my information on it--still on the old phone). So the next day I went back to the AT&T store to get them to re-activate my old phone so I could at least feel human again (so funny how we feel about phones now), and I just gave up for the weekend and went to destin, just happy to have my old phone back. Jared "worked his magic" while I was gone and somehow got iTunes to recognize phones again. I didn't even ask how. I was over it. So finally last night I was able to sync my old phone to back it up, and then sync my new phone, which transferred all my stuff over. But, it still didn't work because I had deactivated the sim card when I reactivated my old phone. Thankfully the AT&T store had provided me with a new sim card that I could get activated when we had the software problems worked out. So finally, finally I called and got my phone activated this morning and the nearly one week phone drama was over, and I had a working iPhone 4 with all of my info and stuff on it. The End.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. This is Jared... Magic is magic... I worked it.. the iphone now works...MAGIC!!!

    ReplyDelete