Sunday, July 18, 2010

Progress

We are on our way back to daphne from Andalusia. Again. We were there for the weekend painting. Again. It's finally coming together, and it's a good thing because we are moving Friday. I know it wont be completely finished because the cabinets won't be in, and they may still be working on the tile, but we will hopefully be able to love there as of this weekend, and have some sort of normal routine for porter next week.
Here is what we have done so far (with the help of mama, bill, and my nannie, who came and cleaned Saturday):
Painted the family room, kitchen, dining room, guest room, porter's room, porter's bathroom, he guest bathroom, the hall, and new master bedroom and bathroom.
Painted all of the trim in the whole house except for the trim that has yet to be hung in the new bedroom and bathroom.
Minor repairs throughout the house.
Put up a new ceiling fan in porter's room.
Cleaned porter's room, guest room and kitchen.
Unpacked most of the kitchen stuff that I have already moved--very little left to do there.
Here's what is left to do (some by us and some by the construction guys):
Tile the floors and shower
Install the bathtub and toilet
Put in the cabinets, countertops and sinks.
Hang and paint crown molding and baseboards in new addition.
Install closet hardware.
Clean up!!!
Move!!!
I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but those are the big things.
I am sad to be leaving Daphne, but right now I'm just ready to be in just one house instead of 3 (we are staying at mama and bill's house when we are in Andalusia). And I want to stay put somewhere so maybe porter will sleep. This transitional period has gotten him really messed up at night.
I wish I had some pictures to post, bit maybe by the time I get back to the house I will be able to take pictures of some tile.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment