Monday, July 12, 2010

Wow! What a party!!!

My mom and Bill threw me a finished with residency party Saturday night. It might have been the best party I've ever been to, but it was for me, so that probably had something to do with it. The event kinda started Saturday around lunch, when I went with my mom to run an errand. It was to Sugar Rush Bakery to pick up the cakes.



This is 2/3 of the three headed monster. Emily, Daniel (not pictured here), and I spent a large part of the first 2 years of medical school in the basement of Volker Hall in Birmingham together studying. Something about that experience makes you bonded forever.


The party was catered by Townsend Catering from Destin, FL. They also did our wedding. They were just as great this time. And let me go on a tangent about them for a minute. I cannot tell you how awesome these people are. They are so very nice and professional, and have amazing food. They came in, set everything up, cooked, and cleaned up before they left. I will make it a point to have another event just so I can get them to do it. Really, I can't say enough good things about them. So, after filling up on coconut shrimp, marinated mushrooms, steamed asparagus and baby carrots, parmesan cheese grits with roasted corn, shrimp, and bacon, crab cakes, chicken wontons, and several other things that I just can't remember right now, we went down by the pool for the real partying. A local band, Smoke and Lace, gave us a reason to dance, and we did!


From left to right: Jon Williams, Dr Emily Williams, Dr Daniel Jones, Vance Doherty, me, Jared, Jessica Ross

Mama, me, Jessica, and Ne Ne Massey.

Me and the Massey girls--Joanna and Jessica. Jessica and I were in the band together in college, and had many (mis)adeventures off the football field as well. Joanna joined us in Tuscaloosa our senior year. Joanna is now my wonderful hairstylist and Jessica is my little librarian via the Washington County Public Library.

THIS is the entire 3 headed monster!!!! Emily, Daniel, and I.

Sisters.....

It did get a little rowdy there toward the end, but for good reason..... I'm done with residency!!!!

I had so much fun. What an amazing night! I got to visit with dear friends I have not even seen since my wedding 5 years ago. Specifically Abbie Sightler Robinson was able to make the trip from Oxford, MS to be here. We did get to visit Saturday morning--she came over to help me paint Porter's room in the new house. Our third, Candi Collier Tait, wasn't able to make it, but her dad was able to come. Daniel and Vance came from Baton Rouge, Jon and Emily came from Monroeville (they don't even need an excuse to get out of town ;) ), and Nancy and Jeremy Wilson came from Niceville, FL. Nancy and I went to school together and have reconnected through blogging and parenting boys the same age. I think that's all the people who came from out of town, and I was so honored to have them all there. Everyone else was from Andalusia, but that didn't make them any less special. I really was shocked at everyone that came to help me celebrate this very joyous occasion. Friends from high school, parents of friends from high school, physicians from the community, and some were just friends from this journey. Unfortunately none of my resident friends were able to make it. They all had to work--imagine that.
Anyway, it was really a night to remember. Great food, great company, and great new beginning!!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like lots of fun! I always forget that you know Jessica Massey - we were in Alabama's Junior Miss together! Congrats on your accomplishments! We want to stop by and visit when y'all get settled in Andalusia - it's just around the corner from mom and dad.

    ReplyDelete