Friday, June 24, 2011

The elusive birthday cake

I thought I had found the solution to all my nausea issues....  Zofran.  Everybody has been asking why I haven't tried it already.  Short answer--I don't know?  But I finally scored some the other day, and was pleasantly surprised how well it worked last night.  I went from not even wanting to think about eating, or much less cooking, to being able to eat my first meal of the day.  I was pretty comfortable until it wore off  hours later,  But by that time I was headed for bed.  Today was an ok enough that I didn't take one until later in the afternoon at about the time I usually start feeling really bad.  (And it just goes downhill all evening.)  I felt better, and was able to eat a little bit for supper, but I was really hoping to eat a light supper, and have a large serving of my birthday cake.  I have now waited the entire 4 hours of efficacy and still can't do the cake.  I am so disappointed.  :(
On one hand, I am really tired of feeling this way, but on the other hand, I feel lucky that it's not any worse than it is.  As bad as I feel, I haven't actually haven't "produced" anything.  I keep thinking that any day now it will go away, as I will be 14 weeks on Sunday, but then the more I talk to people, the more I hear that so-and-so was sick the entire pregnancy.  That's not what the sick pregnant person wants to hear....
Anyway, I'm gonna be really upset if I watch this cake ruin, or watch somebody else eat it (probably Jared--he had a piece for breakfast).  I think if I don't get as much as I feel I am entitled to, I will get me another one when I finally feel better.  Even if it is sometime in December!!!  We'll just celebrate my half-birthday, and new baby's 0 birthday.  It's MY birthday cake--dang it!!!

1 comment:

  1. It will go away- it won't last the whole time= think positive. I think you are going to see some girl parts this time!

    ReplyDelete