Sunday, June 19, 2011

My not so strange weekend

It really hasn't been too bad.  It really seems more like just a continuation of my normal week, when Jared would be working and Porter at school.  The evenings have been busy enough that I haven't sat in my dark house all alone, which was oddly enough one of the things that I would look forward to--just having some quiet, alone time.  Friday night I was operating until about 7:30, and just ran by the japanese, aka "no-fire" place on the way home.  Saturday I did my rounds, did a gallbaldder, and went to Nannie's to sew for a little while.  I had a case late in the afternoon, and got done just in time to whip up a couple of summer dishes for a dinner party I was attending.  The only kink--I got a call about an appendix in the ER, literally as I was gathering all my stuff to walk out the door.  No biggy, I scheduled it for 7:30pm (it was 6:00), ran by Patty's to drop of the food and snack a little, and then went back to Patty's.  Fun time meeting the new orthopod's wife, and getting to know some of the other physicians' wives better.  I stayed up til almost midnight and wasn't dying!!  How odd.  I left Patty's around 10:45, and had a late night texting marathon with the only other person I knew would be up--Brooke Ward Williams.  Hahaha!!! (Callee Jo--GO TO SLEEP!!!)
So now I am done with my rounds and waiting on lunch at Nannie's.  Everyone should be very jealous.  Jared and Porter should be home early this afternoon so we can celebrate Father's Day!!  In the meantime, I'm gonna take advantage of my last few hours of quiet and do some much needed studying for boards.
So I think this post turned into just one of those facebook posts where people write, "went to the grocery story, and then cleaned the house and now cooking supper," except a lot longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment