Monday, March 9, 2009

Day 15

Back to the regular routine. This is our version of a fat man in a hot tub.....




Part of our "regular routine" is bath, bottle, and bedtime. He is not happy about any deviation from this little schedule. It is nice most of the time, but it would be nice if he were a little flexible on that for his parents to be able to have dinner. He's a happy little boy, but an inpatient one too. (I admit, he got that from his Mama.)
Anyway, we obliged him tonight and he was ready for his bottle right after his bath. Sometimes you can't even get it warm before you have to hear about it from him. He drank it and fell fast asleep in my arms---little mouth open and milk running down his cheek. He was just a little limp dishrag, and it was as precious as could be. You really don't ever want to put them down. I could have just curled up in the chair with him and gone to sleep right there. That image is what I will always remember about him being a baby. For all you mothers out there that tell me to cherish there moments, I am ingraining every sense of these moments in my brain with the hope that I won't forget it. Maybe I am taking advantage of it a little more than others because I don't have the opportunity to spend as much time with him as I would like. I asked my Mama the other day if she was excited about picking us up from daycare as I am when I get to pick Porter up. She wasn't, but that was just something she did every day. It wasn't anything special. For me right now, every minute I get to spend with him is special. I am at work more than I am at home, and a lot of the time I'm at home Porter's in his bed sleeping. Though I like my job and know I was meant to be a surgeon, I am jealous of not being able to do some of the things that other moms get to do. It's a conflicted existence I lead right now. My top priorities don't always look like what they are. You have to take time out of the equation. Time doesn't equal importance. That's a hard concept to grasp.

No comments:

Post a Comment