Sunday, March 1, 2009

Day 7



Porter did not have a repeat good sleeping night. He got up at 1:00 and 4:30. I don't know what's gotten into him, but I hope he works it out soon. We've just been hanging out around the house today. We did go to Target (because Nicole is in town and that's her favorite store). Porter has outgrown several pair of his 0 - 3 month PJs, so we picked up a pack while we were there. He just got to sleep for his afternoon nap--that's like wrestling an alligator that cries. I love him to death and am starting to enjoy him more and more, but I also think daycare is a wonderful invention. I was discussing that with one of the other female residents that has small kids the other day. We both prefer the stress of work to the stress of home. We perform better, react better, and generally handle it better. It in no ways means we don't want to be home more--nobody in their right mind would choose to work 80 hrs a week. We just are "career oriented" and our career happens to be surgery.
Tomorrow it's back to work and the return of Nannie. She's been awesome to have around. I do miss Jared though and hope the next few weeks flies by.

No comments:

Post a Comment