Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Possibly very important information

If you haven't been following along for the last 24 hours, read the posts below....
So I called the pediatrician today about our little sleep problem. He informed me that amoxil can cause insomnia because of one of the dyes in the liquid form. He told us we could stop it and that if that is the problem it would solve our problem in about 48 hours. 48 hours?!?! I can't wait that long. I asked him what we could give him to promote sleep, and, of course, he suggested benadryl. Normally that would be fine, but he failed benadryl therapy last night. I asked about melatonin and he said that it was ok to give. Woo hoo!!! We have dosed porter up with the recommended amount and I am happy--elated--to report that he is alseep already. About 30 minutes after he took it. It comes in liquid form, which is also handy. We did have to mix it in a small amount of juice (2oz) to get him to drink it, but it will be worth it's weight in gold if this works. He's currently asleep in the recliner with Jared and we are just letting him get in a good sleep before we move him to his bed. I'm so excited he's asleep I'm not sure I can sleep. Ha! Whatever. I am so exhausted, and I even got a little nap today. We all so need this to work. Really really bad. Will update.



Tara
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment