Thursday, October 13, 2011

Progress

Well the melatonin wasn't the miracle I was hoping for, but we did have a better night. It worked great for getting him to sleep, but he woke up after an hour crying and talking about things that didn't make any sense. He seemed disoriented and restless. We had a rough hour of crying and gibberish talk before I gave him some benadryl too. It helped a little, but he still woke up a lot between 10-1:30. I stayed in his bed during that time to constantly remind him to lay down and close his eyes. After 1:30 he slept pretty good. He was up at his usual 6:00am acting normal, so I guess the melatonin and benadryl aren't lingering. It was good to get some sleep but I hope tonight is even better. Unfortunately I won't know, because I am working the ER for the next two nights. I am struggling to make it through this week. I need the weekend bad.



Tara
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Sylvie is a sleep walker/talker/crier too. I find it very bizarre and frustrating, although ours only happens during naps. I've heard that he's just experiencing dreams or nightmares. It means he has a great imagination, which I know isn't much consolation when you're exhausted. His brain will eventually learn to distinguish dream from reality, but until then...I have no advice. Except get a babysitter and take a nap!

    ReplyDelete