Saturday, October 1, 2011

Pull apart cinnamon sugar pumpkin bread

Ok, so I have broken down and entered the pinterest world. It is pretty neat, but can be frustrating to use sometimes. I've already found some great recipes and "pinned" some activities I want to do and craft ideas. Since it is fall and we are pumpkin lovers, we have tried two different pumpkin recipes. The first was adult pumpkin pie milkshakes. Basically pumpkin pie milkshakes with a little bourbon. Reminded me of real egg nog, but pumpkin-y. They were great, but you can't be trying to diet and have one of those. This morning I made pull apart cinnamon sugar pumpkin bread. It looked so good in the pictures I had to do it myself and bought all the stuff before I reviewed the recipe. I didn't look at it because I consider myself handy in the kitchen and haven't ever run into a cooking challenge I couldn't handle. Well, let me warn you. It is an involved recipe. It is true baking--proofing, rising, punching down, rolling out, etc... It took a good bit of time to do, but I was also doing this in an unfamiliar kitchen. I think it would be easier at home, and it will certainly be easier now that I've done it once. Here are a few pics...
The dough.


Ready for the oven.


Glazed and ready to eat!!


I will post the recipe at some point, or you can find me on pinterest and get it from my food board. And if anybody else knows how to find someone on pinterest that you aren't already following, let me know.
Tara
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Okay my pregnant self saw this on pinterest and made it too! I thought it was good but WAY too involved for me!! I think I will just go to a bakery next time. But I HAD to try it when I saw it on pinterest!

    ReplyDelete