Saturday, April 9, 2011

How the day ended

I think we're making progress. ? Maybe. After the bad 45 minutes this afternoon, he came to me and said he "wanted" to tee tee outside. Not needed, but at least he initiated it, I guess.
We had to have a talk about pulling your underwear down when you tee tee because after the second time he peed on the floor this afternoon he peed outside, but with his underwear on. He was proud that he peed outside, so what can you do. I told him he needed to pull his underwear down, so when he said he wanted to go outside and we went, he attempted to pull his underwear down.
He isn't as resistant to going outside to tee tee, but pretty much refuses to use the potty. The potty is seen almost like a punishment or time out. So, for now we are going outside. Sorry neighbors. Sometimes it can take a while to find the most interesting thing to pee on, and I'm not sure we have any ants left in the yard. So, if you have an ant problem, just pee on them. It's effective.
I have talked with some of porter's teachers, and they are encouraging me to keep going with the underwear and that they will work with him at school. I know he will do better there than at home, but he needs to do a LOT better to not drive them insane.
We'll see how tomorrow goes.


Tara
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment