Friday, April 1, 2011

On the road again

For the third weekend in a row, we are traveling. And once again I find that the only time I have to blog is when I am in the passenger seat.
This weekend we are going to mobile to see friends. Beau and Leigh are in town with their little boy drew, and we are all staying at Daran and sissy's house.
This week has been busy again. I am enjoying it, but not enjoying my decreased gym time, as I would like to at least keep what I have worked so hard for, and continue to improve.
Here is porter in the backseat after having a snack of strawberries.



He loves them. We were going through a carton a day for a while.
Here is a list of what else has been going on:
1. Porter has a cold. He has been sickly all week, and my mom finally took him to the doctor for us Thursday. Nothing other than a cold.
2. Porter got a haircut. He showed out worse for that than when they pricked his finger to draw blood at the doctor's office. He has gotten worse with each haircut I think.
3. Jared is taking steps to go to crna school. He is applying this fall, and will need to work in a true critical care unit for a little while as a prerequisite. (He has already done this for many years, but not within the last 3 years. Apparently the recovery room doesn't qualify.) He will probably be making job changes to accomplish this, and is currently talking with sacred heart and west Florida in Pensacola.

Well, I thought I had more "news" than this, but maybe not.

2 comments:

  1. Those strawberries much have been seriously good!! I'm pretty amazed that he did better for the prick than the haircut. Tough guy!! Maybe he just wants long hair Mom:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks like he had a bloody nose. I thought for sure you were gonna post an ER visit just by looking at the pic. Glad it was only strawberries!! I am super excited for July to get here. Can't wait to get to spend some days not hours with you. Yall be careful traveling.

    ReplyDelete