Friday, April 15, 2011

We wear big boy underwear


But wouldn't label us as potty trained. And we are one week into wearing big boy underwear. Porter has yet to poop in the potty, so we are doing a lot of laundry. I had to buy more shorts so we could go through 2 or more pairs a day and still have some clean for the next day. That makes it sound terrible, but it really hasn't been that bad this week. He is starting to ask to go tee tee which helps, because it's hard to remember to take him often. That is the biggest adjustment for us--having to watch the clock and take him to the potty frequently. He is staying dry through naptime and asking to go potty as soon as he wakes up, but is still in a pullup at night. He is doing much better at getting his underwear/pants up and down by himself too, and we haven't really had to alter our plans for being away from the house since last saturday. He did pretty good while we were fishing Sunday (had one accident, but had several successful tee tees) and that was our first trip out of the house. I just take at least one pair of shorts and a couple of pairs of underwear in my purse when we go somewhere. I'm pretty much diaper bag free--that's the first time I've thought about that. That's kinda nice. I officially transformed porter's changing table into a little dresser. That for me was the most sad thing so far about him growing up. So no more changing pad, wipes, powder, butt paste, or diaper stacker. We have a few pullups in his underwear basket in his bathroom and that is it. And we still are using the diaper genie for his one pullup a day. But once we are done with that bag refill I will just put it up.
I think the rewards are definitely worth it so far, even with our poop deficiencies. But I really hope he gets that part soon. I'm glad we did it when we did. He was ready, even though he wasn't really too interested. He resisted somewhat the first few days, but once he realized that we weren't backing down he just did it. And I don't think it would have ever worked if he had continued to wear pullups. Potty training gets two thumbs up from me!


Tara
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment