Friday, April 8, 2011

Potty. Training.

Yeah. Big plans this weekend, and after today I can't wait for another fun filled day.
Here is a picture of porter in one of his new, freshly washed pair of big boy underwear.



And that shiny jewel in his hand is a milk chocolate egg that he is unwrapping. It is supposed to be given out only when he tee tees in the potty. That is the first one he has gotten since they were purchased today, and he did not receive it as a reward.
We "practiced" wearing big boy underwear last night and burned through two pair. This morning he had gone through the other 6 pair by 9:00. Jared called me. I told him to start washing. I stopped by walmart for more when I got a break from work. Surely porter won't pee on buzz lightyear or woody.
This afternoon we went through less pairs.... Because he peed less. We had been planning to go to hilltop for supper because we were wanting some crawfish so we went with a pullup. He didn't tee tee in it the whole time we were there, so while Jared was paying, I told porter if he would tee tee on the building before we left we would go get ice cream. When Jared came back to our table porter announced/shouted, "daddy, I gone tee tee on da buiw-den." We went around the side of the building and I saw a great weed that looked like it needed a little water. It got a few drops, but then Jared pointed out a trail of ants, and it was flash flood time. He got them good and I think he enjoyed it. So we got ice cream. When we got home we sought out all the ant hills in the yard for future reference. We had no number 2 action all day until right before bathtime, and he then took advantage of his hilltop pullup. Thankfully. I'm not looking forward to cleaning up that underwear yet. He watered some ants in the front yard after his bath and has just now peed off the back deck with Jared. I guess we'll call that progress. Can't wait til tomorrow!!
Tara
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment: