Saturday, February 18, 2012

:/

Well after such a good afternoon we had ourselves all excited about possibly getting a good night's rest and I think we had our worst night of sleep so far. Steal slept great but her sat monitor went off all night long. And I really mean all night long. Her sats hovered around 85-86, which is below the 88 threshold for staying off oxygen and going home. We did not put her back on the oxygen and she was very comfortable and slept well. It was really us that were bothered by it. If we had been at home we would have thought she was an angel. So my questions for the peds team this morning are what is the data (if any) behind the 88% threshold and at what point are we treating a number and not the patient? I really want to go home, but if there are some good reasons for staying then I want to stay until this is resolved.
And since we now have to consider the flu issue back home I want to know if and for how long porter needs to stay away to see if he is going to end up with the flu.
But, oh how I am looking forward to more than 30-45 min of sleep at the time. I am really amazed at how little sleep I can actually function on.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Moms do have their work cut out for them....best wishes and sweet dreams for tonight.
    ~F

    ReplyDelete